Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Guided Reading

For the kiddos who are not ready to begin reading, we have been working on recognizing letters, letter sounds, and sight words.  

We are playing Letter Sound Parking Lot.  The students use Hot Wheel cars and "park" their cars in the letter or letter sound that is called.


Jumping to sight words

 Candyland: They have to read a letter and letter sound to move



Using white boards and dry erase markers to write letters



Alphabet Arc: The kiddos color the letter that corresponds to the letter sound I called out

The kiddos had to read each sight word on the card to move to the next card.  Everyone made it through all 17 cards!!!





2 comments:

  1. Great activities! Where can I find the alphabet arc?

    Your pictures make me wish we had uniforms! So cute :-)
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment in my blog. I hope your year is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I got mine from a teacher a few years ago.. however, I googled alphabet arc and some came up :) Have a wonderful FRIDAY!

    ReplyDelete