Sunday, January 19, 2014

January

What's Cookin'

Math: 3D Shapes
Science: Penguin
Letter:R
Sight words: Run, ran, ride
Religion:Miracles of Jesus
Kid writing: 5 sentences

Pictures are of students working at centers while I am working with other students at guided reading.

We are learning about penguins and we measured ourselves against an emperor penguin to see if we are taller or shorter than one.

Working on Kid writing!   We are now writing 5 complete sentences!

You might have noticed a new friend in the pictures.   We have a new friend in our room.  Her name is Kiri.

Students in our room in case you have started thinking about Valentines.

Kiaya
Tatum
Mallory
Sarah
Kiri
Jace
Jackson
Fisher
Gavin

Mission bizarre is coming up soon.  That day students dont have to come into school until 10:30 that day.  We will then go to mass.  It is grandparents day.  Grandparents will receive a food voucher.   I am requiring an adult to accompany your child to this function as I will be working the games and will not be able to take the students around to the games.  Grandparents are welcomed to come as well as any one else that would like to come.  However only grandparents will receive the food vouchers.   This day students will NOT be served lunch.  They will need to bring money in to buy food.  We are asking for no one to pack lunches either.   There will be a lot of food choices (plus a baked goods table).

Have any questions?   Please remember if you need to talk you can email me at rlawruk@stpatsnewry.org, call the office, or send in a note.  I am not always in my room at the end of the day.  I have bus/car duty and meetings.  Most of the time I am around the school making copies.  Therefore, if you need to meet to talk after school please let me know beforehand so I can plan accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment